DEPARTMENT OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
General Instructions to the Candidates
The common admission to 1st year Diploma for Government / Aided Polytechnics and for private polytechnics who have surrendred their seats will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority, Bangalore(KEA) in co-ordination with Department Of Technical Education (DTE) for the Year 2015-16. The original documents will be returned after verification, from the “Document Verification Cum OnLine Application Submission Centres/Option Entry Help Centres “
Document Verification Cum OnLine.
The eligible candidates merit list will be announced in the KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in respectively. The seat allotment will be announced in KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in as per schedule. All candidates should refer the KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in for information brochure, seat matrix, option entry schedules of various rounds of seat allotment.
NOTE: These Instructions are issued based on prevailing Admissions Rules & Regulations of the Government.
The candidate must be a citizen of India
a) For Engineering Courses: should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate;
b) For Sound Recording and Cinematography Courses should have passed Karnataka P.U.C- II (PCM) or Equivalent Examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
c) For Non-Engineering Courses:(1) Commercial Practice and Apparel Design & Fabrication Technology/Modern office Management Should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or Equivalent Examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate. (2) Library Science and Information Management Should have passed Karnataka P.U.C-II or Equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate. Also, for both Engineering & Non-Engineering, the candidate should have completed atleast five full academic years of study in Karnataka between 1st Standard and qualifying.
- Residential certificate to this effect in case of Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadigas should be obtained in the prescribed proforma duly signed by the concerned MP / MLA / Revenue authority where the candidate is residing and in case of Government servants – the Head of the department with seal where the candidate is residing & studied. (See Annexure –XII).
- Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates should produce photo copies of relevant Documents compulsorily when they appear for document verification as per Annexure-XV(A).
d) J.T.S/ITI : Candidates who have passed SSLC or Equivalent Examination with 35% of marks in aggregate and should have passed JTS (3 years course) / ITI (2 Years Course) recognised by Govt. of Karnataka are only eligible for seats reserved under JTS / ITI quota
Note: For ITI Students seeking lateral entry admission to 3rd Semester Diploma Courses shall submit (OFF-LINE) the application separately to the Institution where the candidate is willing to take admission. The admission notification will be announced in Department of Technical Education website www.dte.kar.nic.in at a later date separately.For more information contact Principal’s of respective Polytechnic.
e) JOC: Candidates who have passed SSLC or Equivalent Examination with 35% of marks in aggregate and passed Job Oriented Course (2 years after 10th Std.) recognised by Govt. of Karnataka are only eligible for seats reserved under JOC quota. The merit will be determined based on marks secured in SSLC and marks obtained in respective Technical / Elective subjects studied in JOC by giving equal weightage.
f) NCC: The candidates who possess ‘A’ certificate obtained during 3 years period between 8th and 10th standard, are only eligible (See Annexure– XI(c) & Annexure-XVI)
Note: Candidates who have been awarded Rashtrapathi purskar and other certificates in NCC, Sports & Games will also be considered as per the rules. The merit will be determined based on marks secured in SSLC or Equivalent and weightage of marks secured in Scouts and Guides, Sports / Games and NCC respectively.
g) Physically Disabled(PH): Those who have a minimum physical disability of not less than 40% or visual ability not exceeding 6/60 or 20/2000 snellen or hearing loss of more than 70 decibels are eligible.
h) Anglo Indian(AI): - Two seats are reserved for Anglo Indian candidates of Karnataka in S.J.(Govt.) Polytechnic, Bengalur.
i) Political Sufferer(PS): -Son or daughter of Freedom fighters (PS) those who have participated in freedom struggle before Independence as specified in Go. No. ED 73 TEC 85 Dt. 27-11-85 as amended from time to time.
i. GIRL STUDENTS: Thirty percent (30%) of seats are reserved for Girl Students in all Government / Aided Polytechnics(Co-Education) in respective categories.
ii. KANNADA MEDIUM STUDENTS : Five percent (5%) of seats have been reserved in Government and Aided Polytechnics in the state in favour of candidates who have studied for 10 full academic years inKannada medium from 1st standard to 10th standard in any recognised Institution located in.
iii. RURAL STUDENTS: Twenty five percent (25%) of seats are reserved for the students who have studied for 10 full academic years in rural areas as mentioned in general instructions.
iv. Physically Disabled Students: Three percent (3%) of seats are reserved in all Government /Aided Polytechnics in respective courses. (See ANNEXURE-VIII)
v. SUPERNUMERARY QUOTA: The AICTE has introduced the Supernumerary Quota in all Govt./Aided/Private Polytechnics. Five percent (5%) of the seats in each Polytechnic and in each course will be reserved as Supernumerary
STAGES OF SEAT SELECTION PROCESS:
- Candidates can obtain the application Form along with Information Brochure from the near by notified (As per Annexure XIII) “DOCUMENT VERIFICATION CUM ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION CENTRES & OPTION ENTRY HELP CENTERS” in the State by remitting the prescribed amount ( GM & others Rs. 100/- ; SC/ST/Cat-I Rs. 50/-) in any branch of STATE BANK OF MYSORE to the Current Account ‘ED-KEA -DCET-2015 Application Fee Collection Account No. 64173092294’ or in any branch of STATE BANK OF HYDERBAD to the Current Account ‘ED-KEA-DCET-2015 Application Fee Collection Account No.62417279239 and producing the counterfoil of the challan.
- After filling the application carefully, the candidate can submit the application at the nearby “DOCUMENT VERIFICATION CUM ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION CENTRES & OPTION ENTRY HELP CENTERS” by producing all the original documents & on completion of verification the application will be submitted online in his/her presence and the option entries are entered online as per the candidate priorities (Option Entry Work Sheet of the candidate) in presence of the candidate. The candidate shall obtain a copy of printout of application submitted online and Option Entry Sheet from the above centers.
- After making option entry, SMS will be sent to the candidate to his/her mobile for Secret Key and also secret key is printed at the bottom of the page of printed application submitted online.
- The candidate shall visit KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in and click on DIPLOMA ADMISSIONS 2015 , select Candidate Portal and enter given “Secret key” and “Signup” and create a password of his/her choice. The candidate is advised not to reveal the details of “Secret Key and Password” to others.
- The candidates can login in KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in click DIPLOMA ADMISSIONS 2015, click candidate portal and enter SECRET KEY & PASSWORD for viewing the details application details entered online and details of option entry.
- The draft merit list of eligible candidates will be published in KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in and information will be sent to candidate mobile number.
- Any ion to draft merit list should be submitted to nodal officer of the concerned “DOCUMENT VERIFICATION CUM ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION CENTRES & OPTION ENTRY HELP CENTERS” and seek modification accordingly. The spot rank will be given in case of any changes in marks obtained. As per the confirmed option entries, the seat allotment will be announced in KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in and information will be sent to candidate mobile number.
- Upon announcement of seat of their choice, the candidates have to proceed to the nearest “DOCUMENT VERIFICATION CUM ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION CENTRES & OPTION ENTRY HELP CENTERS” and login to KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in, click DIPLOMA ADMISSIONS information brochure management’s request. The candidates irrespective of their categories to which they belong, have to pay Rs. 10,750/- as fee at the time of admission in the allotted Polytechnic.
- The candidates who wish to hold the allotted seat and wish to participate in the next round have to select choice-2 and who do not wish to hold the allotted seat and wish participate in next round have to select choice-3.
- If the candidate fails to pay the fee before the last date of admission mentioned on admission order, the seat allotted gets cancelled automatically. However the candidate can participate for changing the priorities of higher order options made earlier and participate in subsequent rounds by execising the right option (Choice-2 & Choice-3) in the Choices before a candidate and submit as mentioned in post seat allotment procedure.
FIRST ROUND OF SEAT ALLOTMENT PROCESS
As per the seat matrix which will be issued by the Government, Seat Allotment will be made by following the Roster System based on the Merit / Rank of the candidate and based on priority of options entered by the candidates. (choice-1, choice-2, choice-3 & choice-4) which he desires or can do the same by using the facilities at the nearest “DOCUMENT VERIFICATION CUM ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION CENTRES & OPTION ENTRY HELP CENTERS”.
After verifying the seat allotment results, the candidates can take the decisions as detailed below:
i. The candidates have to confirm themselves about their seat allotment in the first round. If the candidate is satisfied with the allotted seat, then exercise Choice-1 on the KEA web-portal.
ii. If the candidate feels that the seat allotted to him / her in the first round is acceptable and pays the prescribed admission fee for the allotted seat but wishes to participate in the next round for higher order options above the seat allotted, then exercise Choice-2 on the KEA web-portal.
iii. If the candidate is not satisfied with the allotted seat in the first round but wishes to participate in the next round for better options, then exercise Choice-3 on the KEA web-portal.
iv. If the candidate is not satisfied with the allotted seat in the first round and also not interested to participate in any rounds as the candidate has got seat elsewhere, then exercise Choice-4 on the KEA web-portal. For candidates who do not excerise any of the above Choices within the stipulated time, the software will automatically consider Choice-3 and cancel the seat allotted and allows the candidates to participate in the subsequent round.