YOUTH RED CROSS
- YOUTH RED CROSS
The Youth Red Cross (YRC) in Government Polytechnic, Mirle is one of the avenues among NSS available for the students under Personality and Character Development Programme.
The YRC is the most important constituent of its mother organisation, Indian Red Cross. It is a student oriented Programme organised in Colleges and Technical Institutions. YRC in Government Polytechnic, Mirle was established in the academic year 2011-12 as per the orders of the Depatment of Technical Education.
It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. A qualified lecturer is recognized as the leader and he is called the Programme Officer.
RED CROSS / RED CRESCENT MOVEMENT
The Red Cross, established in 1863 in Geneva, by Jean Henry Dunant, is an International Organisation meant for humanitarian services. Its headquarers is in Geneva, Switzerland with many affiliated National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. It is a non-religious, non-political and non sectarian International body. Regardless of either frontiers or race, the Red Cross remains a voluntary organisation and also an independent one having considerable welfare activities to its credit.
The seven fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are
Red Cross Society functions with the one and only aim of serving people in distress without any consideration of caste, religion, language and nationality.
The Indian Red Cross Society serves as an auxiliary to the State authorities engaged in social welfare activities accepting the rules and regulations of the State, but at the same time maintaining its autonomy so that it can act always in accordance with the fundamental principles.
What is Youth Red Cross?
The Youth Red Cross is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. A qualified lecturer is recognized as the leader and he is called the Programme Officer under his guidance, the students are trained and encouraged to manage the affairs of the group, electing their own office-bearers.
Main Objectives of Youth Red Cross:
The main purpose of organizing the Youth Red Cross is
· to inculcate in the Youth of our country
· an awareness on the care of their own health and that of others
· the understanding and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, tofulfill the same
· to enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth
· to foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.
Principles of Youth Red Cross:
Youth Red Cross has the following three principles:
· Protection of Health & Life
· Service to the Sick & Suffering
· Promotion of National & International Friendship,
to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth
Events Conducted till date:
- Blood Group checking camp was held for all final year students
- Eye test for all students
- General awareness lecturer by eminent doctors about H1N1 and AIDS
- Hygiene related lecturer especially for girl students
Programming officer : MUDUKUR SWETHA
Lecturer , Civil Engineering Dept.
CO programming Officer:
1. PUNEETH KUMAR. S
Lecturer , Mechanical Department
2. DINESH. G
Lecturer , Electronics and Communication Department.