- Admission Procedure
The prescribed Application Form along with the Information Brochure will be available in KEA & DTE websites www.kea.kar.nic.in & www.dte.kar.nic.in respectively. Candidates shall download the Application Form and Brochure from the website and fill up the Application as per the instructions.Admission to diploma courses is based on merit in each category of reservation. Out of the total seats 50% of the seats are reserved for various groups of the society. Remaining 50% of the seats are allotted based on the marks scored in the SSLC for technical Courses. All the Details of admission to Diploma courses are available in the Admission Brochure.From 2017-18, Government has given permission to Department of Technical Education to follow "Online Interactive councelling " admission process.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For Technical(Engineering) Courses:should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
- For Non-technical (Non-Engineering)Courses: a) Commercial Practice and Apparel Design & Fabrication Technology / Modern office Management Should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or Equivalent Examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate. b) Library Science and Information Management Should have passed Karnataka P.U.C-II or Equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
- For both Engineering & Non-Engineering, the candidate should have completed atleast five full academic years of study in Karnataka between 1st Standard and qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have passed the 10th Standard Exam conducted by CBSE/ICSE and other states 10th Standard candidates shall produce Eligibility Certificates obtained from the Secretary, Board of Technical Examinations, Palace Road, Bangalore – 560 001 at the time of document verificatioion & online application submission process.
Lateral entry admission to 3rd semester diploma:
Candidates who have passed SSLC or Equivalent Examination with 35% of marks in aggregate and should have passed JTS (3 years course) / ITI (2 Years Course) recognised by Govt. of Karnataka are only eligible for seats reserved under JTS / ITI quota. Admission will beconsidered only for the candidates coming under JTS quota and ITI quota for Diploma First semester courses.
Document Retention Policy