In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the Natinal Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Banglore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish and Internal Qualit Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accredition quality sustenance measure, Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of a institution's system and work towards realising the goals of quality enhancement and sustence. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
* Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
* The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
* Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
* Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
* The credibility of evaluation procedures
* Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
* Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.