Government Engineering College, Hassan (GECH) started in the year 2007 is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
The Government of Karnataka under Department of Technical Education established 10 engineering colleges during the year 2007-08. GEC Hassan is one such college established with four branches of engineering namely, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering.
A huge building with planned utilities has come up in forty acres land. The Government of Karnataka started these Government Engineering Colleges with one of the ives
"Reaching The Unreached"
As quoted by renowned educator Nido Qubein,"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start", our Institution, although having a rough start, is slowly evolving to become one of the elite technical institutes providing quality technical education.
The Students are admitted to college only through CET with very normal tuition fee. Most of students admitted are from weaker economical background. They either get fee reimbursement by Government Of Karnataka or scholarships from various social welfare departments.
Government Engineering College, Hassan has following broad academic motives:
- To provide the best possible educational facilities.
- To train the students for the career in Engineering & Technology.
- To provide a creative atmosphere for studies, training, research, publication & extension work of relevance both amongst the students and the faculty.
- To inculcate good perception and value system in the students both by personal example & by precept.
- To organize a short term courses, conferences and seminars on current technological developments as service to the community and nation, for professional working in industries and field.
- To organize quality improvement programs for staff of various engineering colleges
- To provide leadership in curriculum design & development